If you are new to the Private Investigation field, want some tips to make you better, or want some business and marketing suggestions this is the place for you!
Welcome, you have come to the right place. Thousands of people just like you are finding the information they need from this website.
If you’re not new to the website click here to get the best content from the Private Investigator Advice Blog.
What is a Private Investigator?
There are many misconceptions of what a private investigator is and is not. A private investigator is an information gatherer. We collect information for our clients so they can make informed decisions based on the information obtained. We have access to the same tools as anyone else except we know where to get the information from. There are special services and privileges that private investigators have due to the nature of our job but there are only a few.
What a Private Investigator is not.
A private investigator is not law enforcement. We do not have special arrest powers and we are not above the law. There are laws that govern our industry and there are laws that they protect the general public from those that take investigations too far. We are responsible for the information we locate and ethical in how we obtain that information.
The articles listed below are a few of the more popular and relevant articles and podcast episodes that you should read and her if pursuing a private investigation career. Being a private investigator is more than a job or career, it’s a lifestyle as well.
- Things you need to know about the job Part 1
- Things you need to know about the job Part 2
- Why do you want to be a private investigator?
- Continuing your education
- How to build up experience
- 7 Things I wish I knew before become a private investigator
- Video P.I. Book Review
- P.I. Resources
- Cost of starting a P.I. Business
- Private Investigator Equipment List
- Where to find private investigator jobs
- Should you become a P.I. out of high school?
- Traveling is part of the job
For Future and Existing Business Owners
- Choosing a Business Name
- Picking the right Domain for Your Business Website
- Cost of Starting a P.I. Business
- P.I. Resources and Equipment for Business
- Are Free P.I. Websites a Good or Bad Thing?
As more content is created I will add to this page.